The Cooperative Difference - what you need to know.
As you will know, Fonterra have continued to evolve their Cooperative Difference (CD) and the details are now clear:
- You will recieve 7c/kg extra if you have achieved a certain standard that relates to 4 key areas.
- The good news is that for the Animals section, if you're on WelFarm you will automatically tick this box.
- Better still, from the end of this season, when you sign up to WelFarm the process will automatically generate a report for Fonterra which means you'll have no paperwork to complete or chase.
The 4 areas of the CD that you’ll need to achieve the 7c are:
- Animals. WelFarm will satisfy this.
- Environment. You will need an FEP.
- People. DairyNZ have an assessment you'll need to complete.
- Submit accurate Farm Dairy Records.
For those not yet signed up to WelFarm, it’s an easy process and of course WelFarm includes 4 x BCS, a Locomotion Score, a Tail Score, and reporting on all the measures in the CD as well as others. For most farms the annual cost is less than 1c/kg/MS.
- Mark Bryan