Get your best employees a Warrant of Fitness this winter.
Have you opted in for our Working Dog Run this winter? A program where our vets and nurses come out and gave your dog team a Warrant of Fitness. Your team is an important asset in the yards and out in the paddock, so planning ahead with their health is essential.
If this is something you wish to sign-up for, please contact us on 0800 VET SOUTH or head to this sign up form. Our teams are heading out at the end of June, the start of July.
Why do they need a health check?
It's worthwhile making sure you have a plan for your working dogs’ health this coming season. Your main workers benefit from a solid strategy covering parasites, vaccinations and nutrition.
What is covered?
- Attend to any current or pre-existing health conditions now (lameness, osteoarthritis, skin disease, skin and mammary gland tumours, ear infections, broken or accessed teeth).
- Review the status of the internal parasite control programme your dogs are on for the treatment of roundworms and tapeworms that damage their health and for the control and management of sheep measles (Taenia ovis) in your stock.
- Check the vaccination status of your team. This can be especially important if you work across several properties or you expect to have casual shepherds or contractors with their own dogs come onto your farm.
- Plan preventative treatment for external parasites (fleas, mites, lice, ticks).
- Review your dog food choices and have products on hand before getting too busy in the spring. Note that we can deliver supplies to your farm.
Sign up here and our teams will be in touch.
- Hugh Hasselman