Check out the results of our 2018/19 survey on flea prevalence in Southland.
What we can confirm:
- This survey has shown that Southland has a significant flea problem.
- The flea numbers increased through summer as expected.
- Nearly 1 in 6 animals had fleas or dirt present.
- Some clients are using flea powders and shampoos, these are short acting and often no longer effective.
What we we recommend:
- Consider using a long acting flea control like Bravecto.
- 6 month treatments will ensure treatment throughout the warmer months.
- Treatment in the spring (Sept/October) with a long acting product like Bravecto on all your dogs and cats will result in good flea control throughout the warmer summer months.